10 Things you probably didn’t know about Bahamas but should
Bahamas is officially known as the Commonwealth of Bahamas. The country is made up of 700 islands, cays and islets. Thus said, you would expect that a country with as many islands spread across the Atlantic Ocean would be a tourist hotspot. You would not be wrong. So if you want to be one of the travellers to this touristy country, make sure you know the following things about it.
- On Bahamas' Harbor Island, you will get the world's only pink beach. The pink comes from a microscopic marine animal known as Foraminifera.
- About 250 feet below the waterline surrounding Bahamas, you will find an intricate cave system. It is said that during the glacial age, the waterline was below this cave system. The acid water rain is said to have created the ravines as it run on the limestone surface. The cave system is to be found in the Lucayan National Park.
- The Bahamas is the ancestral land of a people known as Tainos.
- If you want to get married in the Palace of Versailles but cannot actually afford it, you have a better alternative in the Versailles Gardens on Paradise Island.
- The Bahamian people are Godly. The country has the highest pa capital church ratio in the world.
- The country's total population is about 319,000.
- The national bird in the Bahamas is flamingo. Don't ask me why.
- If you are a smart businessman, you will open a bank account in the Bahamas. It is one of the most celebrated off-shore banking hotspots in the world.
- Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state in Bahamas.
- The waters around the islands is so clear that you can see the sea bottom from the top...that is around 61 meters deep or more than a half of the entire length of a soccer pitch.
Experience Bahamas today and yours will be a holiday to remember!
by Kennedy Runo
in Before your trip