If you love winter sports, then there is no better destination than Alaska. The big white state is as near the North Pole as you will get without getting out of American territory. So if you want to see Alaska, below are 20 ways you can do this;
1. Join other travellers on Alaska Railroad
2. Grab tickets on dog sled
3. Join other ice-cutters on the World Ice Art Championships
4. Book a winter cabin and explore form there. I am told Winterlake Lodge is one of the best.
5. Raft your way through Chilkat River
6. How about a boat or a float plane to Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge?
7. Heli-skiing will get you into Alaska alright.
8. Grab a seat in the Aleutian Island ferry system.
9. A car or RV around the Golden Circle. The Golden Circle is a scenic route that connects Haines and Skagway in Alaska with Whitehorse in British Columbia.
10. Why don't you book an Alaskan cruise?
11. Charter planes excursion
12. Forget the highlights...pay less in less popular destinations and you will have change to see as many attractions as possible.
13. Visit May to September. During this time, the hotels are cheaper. This means you will have some cash left to explore Alaska more.
14. Organize a road trip with friends. Make sure your car is up to the task. Ask the experts.
15. RV vacation. By using RV's, you will save on the accommodation budget.
In short, get creative. Don't follow the beaten path. Make this your special vacation and you will see yourself devising things you never thought possible.