Eat Pray Love: Relive the movie by experiencing your own taste of Italy, India & Bali
The movie may have sparked your traveling curiosity and intensified your motivation to travel. You too can experience the wonders and romantic allure of Italy, bask in the spiritual and cultural richness of India and the dreamlike solitude and reverent beauty of Indonesia. Here are the top 5 places in each country to visit for delicious food, the ultimate spa experience and the perfect accommodations.
The 5 fantastic eateries to visit in ITALY, Rome
- Acquolina (Rome) - Angelo Troiani's place in Flaminio is renowned for their Vermicelli Carbonara and other roman classics including their mouthwatering seafood dishes.L'Etoile d'Or (Catania, Italy).
- LEtoile d'Or (Cantania, Italy) - a traditional restaurant with a low-key Sicilian bar featuring regional snacks like Arancini rag (rice balls stuffed with meat) and Cartocciata.
- Da Vittorio (Brusaporto, Italy) - this boutique hotel La Dimora, driving from Bergamo in Lombardy, is a restaurant dedicated to traditional Italian cuisine. The restaurant is famous for their Ox with Truffled Polenta, Mini Leeks including their famous ravioli with onion, sausage, and pistachio.
- Madonnina del Pescatore (Senigallia, Italy) - the best place for Italian styled Sushi along with other dishes like warm Sea Bass Carpaccio with Lime Purée and Raw Tuna with iced Mustard and Toasted Almonds. The menu includes a variety of unforgettable seafood and game dishes.
- Gusta Pizza (Florence, Italy) - Florence's Gusta Pizza, about a six-minute walk from the Ponte Vecchio, features delightfully blistered crusts surrounding a tapestry of popular Italian ingredients. The pies are not the Naples favorite but is still equally a wonderful eatery.
5 unforgettable spas and retreats to visit in India
- Ananda Spa, The Himalayas - this is a popular retreat set in the Himalayan mountains offer the ultimate spa experience that focuses on wellness of the mind, body and soul. (Also see blog on Ananda Spa on the Instyle Vacations blog page).
- Soukya Holistic Health Centre - this unique facility help restore the natural balance of the visitor by combining old world medicine with new age practices.
- Wildflower hall Spa, Shimla - the Spa Pavilion at the Oberoi's Wildflower Hall Resort is one of the most popular spas in the world highlighting the use of plant and flower essences in its aromatherapy and Ayurveda based treatments.
- Kaya Kalp, The Royal Spa of Agra - one of the biggest spas in the world. Spanning across 99,000 acres of beautifully manicured lawns and pavilions, the Kaya Kelp is a journey inside a world of rest and relaxation.
- Sereno Spa, Goa - for those who enjoy the quiet allure of the beachfront, the Sereno is the perfect getaway experience for the traveler searching for solitude and relaxation.
5 best accommodation spots in Bali, Indonesia
- Uma by Como, Ubud - you may choose your room overlooking the beautiful 3 Uma Pool or the lush vegetation surrounding the Uma resort.
- Alila Ubud, Bali - this resort mimics the traditional Indionesian lifestyle but with meticulous fine dining and luxurious suites, the resort creates the perfect balance to luxury and relaxation.
- Como Shambhala Estate - this picturesque retreat boasts a majestic wall to wall waterfall and top of the line spa knownw to many around the world.
- Karma Kandara - overlooking the glorious Indian Ocean, this retreat is the perfect get away for honeymooners and couples to relax or play to their hearts desire.
- L Hotel Seminyak - for the traveler who wants to combine the exquisite convenience of a hotel with the lush and peaceful allure of the island.
Create your own movie magic by visiting any one of these amazing places throughout Italy, India or Bali.
by Susan Barone