Thinking of saying " I do " in a paradise-like setting far away from home?
Well before you start packing your wedding gown and tuxedo to travel, ask yourself these five crucial questions:
1. Budget: Are you willing to stretch your budget if necessary? In most cases, destination weddings can actually be much more economical for the bride and groom. However, in some cases we've had couples with a 'go big or go home' attitude and in those cases, things can add up really fast.
2. Decisions: Can you make quick but calculated decisions along with the wedding planner? The perfect destination wedding comes down to a series of small decisions, so make sure you're ready to make them.
3. Guest list: This one is the biggest one of all. Will the people you want most to be at your wedding be able and willing to attend?
4. Both sets of parents: Have you spoken to each set of parents and received feedback from both parties? If one set of parents is hesitant, it can sometimes become an issue before and even during the wedding itself.
5. Destination: Where will you tie the know? Do the bride and groom share the same dream destination? Can you and your partner easily come to a decision or, at least, the style of destination wedding that would work best?
How did you do? If you got lots of positives, give us a buzz or drop us an email, and we will have one of our destination wedding experts show you the next steps in the planning process.
by Ryan McElroy on 04/01/2016 in Before your trip