Read through this post and realize why Niccolo Machiavelli was so passionate when advising the Prince of Florence.
Florence is an Italian city located in the Tuscany region. It also happens to be the capital of the region. It was a medieval center of trade and finance. The city was the birthplace of renaissance and is often referred to as the 'Athens of the Middle Ages'. Below are some of the thought provoking places you should haunt during your visit of Florence.
1. The Florence Cathedral, a 1926 Gothic style church located at Piazza del Duomo, Firenze, Italy
2. Palazzo Vecchio, a Romanesque town hall located at Piazza della Signoria, Firenze, Italy
3. Basilica of Santa Croce, a 1926 Franciscan Church in Florence
4. Piazza Della Signoria, a historic L-shaped square located at Piazza della Signoria, Firenze, Italy
5. Piazzale Michelangelo, a famous square that gives the views of Florence. It is located at Piazzale Michelangelo, 50125 Firenze, Italy
6. San Miniato al Monte, a 1013 basilica located at Via delle Porte Sante, 34, 50125 Firenze, Italy
7. Boboli Gardens, a 1550 park that also features 16th and 18th centuries sculptures. It is located at Piazza Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze, Italy
8. Piazza del Duomo, Florence, a public square located in the heart of Florence. You can explore any part of Florence from this square.
9. Villa La Petraia, a 19th century Medici villa located at Via della Petraia, 40, 50141 Firenze, Italy.
10. Museo Galileo, a museum located at Piazza dei Giudici, 1, 50122 Firenze, Italy.
Whatever else you do during your stay in Florence, make sure you visit the above attractions. They will revitalize your mind just like the people behind them.