The Kingdom of Morocco is located in the Maghreb region of North Africa. The name 'Maghreb' is used in reference to the fact that the country is located on the western side of North Africa. The kingdom, together with Spain and France is the only country to have both the Atlantic and Mediterranean coast.
Most of the interior surface of Morocco comprises rugged landscape and vast spaces of Sahara Desert. Therefore, most of the 33 million people who call Morocco home stay in the cities such as Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakesh, Tangier, Tetouan, Salé, Fes, Agadir, Meknes, Oujda, Kenitra, and Nador. Although Casablanca is the largest city, Rabat is the capital.
Morocco is home to different cultures that feature Arab, indigenous Berber, African, and European influences. Due to the diverse culture and beautiful landscape, the country is one of the most tourist visited countries in Africa. Some tourists come to Morocco to experience the Berber culture, but a lot more of them come to have fun in the Moroccan adventure destinations.
The following are the top adventure destinations in Morocco:
1. Marrakech - This is where you explore the Berber culture and ancient Arab architectural marvels. A good example of what you will see is the Jamaa el Fna.
2. Menknes - For those who love exploring, by the time you are done exploring this 9th-century medina that is surrounded by a 21st city, you will have satisfied your exploring desire.
3. Merzouga - How about a night in the Sahara Desert? This desert village is the best place to watch the desert sunrise and sunset as well as listen to ancient Berber mythology and jokes.
4. Ouarzazate - Have you ever wondered where the Hollywood movie mavericks get their scenic desert landscape? Wonder no more. They shoot their movies at Ouarzazate. Movies such as Cleopatra, Kingdom of Heaven, Sahara, and Lawrence of Arabia have all been shot here.
5. Dades Valley - Of course you would want to explore the mineral rich Dades Gorge as well as capture the changing hues of red, green and blue. You can either decide to walk, ride a camel or just drive through this amazingly beautiful desert landscape.
Morocco is one of the most tourist-friendly Arab countries in the world. If you are looking to visit the Arab world, then Morocco is a good place to kick off you tour.
by Kennedy Runo on 03/06/2014 in Escorted or Guided Tour