Top ten kid-friendly destinations in Tokyo, Japan
If you are bringing your kids to Tokyo, you do not have to worry about where to bring them. Tokyo has a number of attractions that you and your kids will love. Here are our favorites:
- If your kids are “Kung fu Panda” fans, you must bring them to Ueno Zoo, Japan’s oldest zoo. This is where their eyes will pop out when they see two of its Pandas eating and frolicking.
- Located about 50 minutes by train from the center of Tokyo, the Monkey Park in Mount Takao is a must visit. It is the home of about 40 Japanese Macaques. Wacth them walk the ropes and perform tricks.
- Bring them to Toyota Mega Web, a car theme park, which features indoor car rides, kart rides, simulators, a vintage car collection, and where you can watch cars being restored.
- Tokyo Dome City is where you and your kids can enjoy thrilling rides. It features five zones, namely: LaQua, Viking, Splash Garden, Parachute, and Geopolis. You can also watch some live shows, and play with them in an interactive role playing game at the MagiQuest.
- Enjoy a Dolphin & Sea Lion Show at the Shinagawa Aquarium. You can also walk in an underwater tunnel tank where you can watch hundreds of sea creatures swimming around you!
- For indoor entertainment, head to Joypolis Entertainment Center which features lots of games and activities for kids of all ages.
- One of the pillars of the gaming industry, Sony Corporation is where you and your kids can marvel at its newest gadgets which can you try for free. You can also shop for the latest gadget and souvenirs
- Located in Kitanomaru Park, the Science Museum is one of the city’s three science museums. It features interactive exhibits, shows and demonstrations, entertainment place, museum shop, restaurant, and a café.
- The RiSuPia Panasonic Digital Network Museum features Panasonic products. It is where you and the kids are provided with an active learning opportunity through its hands-on museum. The coolest thing about his museum is each visitor gets a handheld tablet that they scan at each exhibit.
- If your kids love robots and techie stuffs, you must bring them to the Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation. It is where they will learn about the world of technology and science in a fun way. Watch Asimo, the walking robot, demonstrate his skills.
Your kids might not want to leave Tokyo when they get to visit these kid-friendly destinations. It is a wonderland for kids! Consult your travel agent for more details.
by Sunshine Silva
in Before your trip